Illustrate big ideas to simple ones
Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payments infrastructure in Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments simple, secure, and accessible for everyone. We currently serve customers ranging from local SMEs to some of Indonesia’s largest startups and multinational enterprises. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 25% month on month for the last 2 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
The Graphic Designer in Xendit will work closely inside our Marketing Team to form and communicate ideas to deliver messages that interpret the brand and marketing needs of our company. The Graphic Designer has the responsibility of creating visuals and concepts by any means and work across teams and functions with a variety of stakeholders to do whatever it takes to form and communicate ideas.
Help us formulate and illustrate big ideas to simple and aesthetic ones.
- Gather information and materials for the work outcomes
- Study the elements to plan the design concepts
- Illustrate concepts and ideas to layouts according to given requirements
- Obtain approval of the arrangement by submitting it to the Marketing Crew
- Execute revisions and fixes based on inputs and feedbacks
- Prepare finished copy and artwork
- Complete designs by coordinating with external agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintain technical knowledge and ideas by any means, e.g., keeping yourself up to date with current designs and aesthetic concepts
- Support the team effort by contributing ideas and results as required
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have an EXCELLENT art portfolio with confidence in various types of designs attached in the application
- Create content and design with an eye for beauty and aesthetics
- Have basic photography, infographic, and related art skills
- Are detail oriented, you care how the messages are conveyed and received by the human eyes
- Excel in software and tools to design
- Are a storyteller AND you have the ability to tie in metrics, accomplishments, and mission
- Are a creative hustler -- you might not have done it before, but you're willing to try something different to get it done
- Are an exceptional communicator and work well with cross-functional teams
- Effectively manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high quality of work
- Can handle ambiguities within a startup environment and prioritize accordingly
- You thrive on the autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Demonstrate ability to finish tasks and make reports quickly
- You have a Bachelor’s degree - Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing Communication, Journalism, or communications preferred
- Experiences in graphic design, communications, or creatives
- Bonus points if you’ve created designs for user interface or worked in a startup before
- Bonus points if you are an outstanding writer and write with conviction in both Bahasa and English
What we care about
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too
- Growing 25% month on month: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Southeast Asia and have done so for the last two years. We process close to 1b USD annually in payments by providing simple APIs for payments on a modern tech stack
- YCombinator Batch S15: YC is the best incubator in the world, producing Airbnb and Dropbox; 120 companies out of 6,000 applications get in Funded by investors behind Facebook, Slack, Kaokao, Path, Twitch, Grab, Tokopedia