GroupM I E-Commerce Service Lead
Digital/ Mobile Jakarta , IndonesiaDescription
Position at GroupM
Overview of the role:
As the Head of E-commerce Services for GroupM Indonesia, you will be responsible for developing a new business practice within the Group.
Requiring a high degree of collaboration and agility you will work by guiding the agencies on the capability roll out. This will be done in conjunction with our agencies and broader WPP to build out a seamless business offering with local specialist teams.
The E-commerce services will cover the broad pillars of business & marketing strategy, performance media, creative and in-store content development, data analytics and reporting; but these will vary by market depending on client needs.
Your role will be focused on helping agencies fine-tune their commercial model for the various E-commerce services as well. You will be expected to work closely with the established E-commerce platforms and other relevant partners who will be key to our success.
You are expected to have had hands-on experience in setting up and running or supervising similar E-commerce capabilities previously. A reasonable understanding of the nuances of Indonesian market and consumer behavior would be ideal. Experience with performance marketing is a key requirement.
You will also be expected to leverage your knowledge of the E-commerce industry to provide market intelligence, plan the evolution of the offering and identify key talent as our practice grows.
3 best things about the job:
- Working in a start-up mentality with the backing of the world’s largest media investment company!
- Developing a new practice capability from the ground up, educating, training and developing a business unit with clear remit for growth
- Flexibility and Empowerment – to best serve the client needs you will need an agile approach to deal with market and business changes.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Familiarized yourself with the proposed business capability setup
- Developed relationships with the key stakeholders across the agencies
- Established contact and relationships with key technology e/com partners
In six months:
- Reviewed and refined the business model, enhancing the engagement and commercial models
- Further developed local relationships across Groupm agencies and with key platform partners
- Effectively participated with the agencies in pitches for business development
In 12 months:
- Developed a roadmap for the next 1 to 3 years for the e-commerce business including resource planning
- A firm grasp of all things programmatic for the client while maintaining an efficient and effective team
- Become the ‘spokesperson’ for the practice having participated in external events to help build the profile of Group e-commerce capabilities
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead, manage and coach the E-commerce discipline, oversee E-commerce revenue targets across multiple service pillars.
- Identify suitable internal or external talent for the different E-commerce pillars as the business grows
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, identifying and facilitating synergy across GroupM agencies and within WPP. Leverage existing data and tech capabilities of [m]PLATFORM
- Build strong relationships with key E-com platforms (working with the SEA E-com leads) to understand their respective platform specifics and possibilities for our clients
- Be the public face of GroupM Indonesia for E-commerce practice - to the industry, to E-com platforms and tech partners and internally within WPP and the GroupM agencies
What you will need:
Technical knowledge/hard skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience with an E-commerce platform or an E-commerce agency or a business for which the primary revenue stream is E-commerce based (e.g. hotels, airlines, travel, etc.)
- Experience in developing business plans and tracking financial performance across multiple operational pillars
- An appreciation of how to utilize data from attribution reports and other advanced performance analytics, including standard solutions like Google Analytics, E-commerce specific solutions like Clavis and emerging platform solutions like Facebook CPAS and Google Marco.
- Experience with in-store content development and DCO
- Highly driven, proactive, and resourceful – this is critical, given the industry is still developing with relatively few established best practices to tap into
- Have an intuitive understanding of the online shopper journey
- Have the ability to evaluate content/creative from a consumer perspective
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- A hands-on operator prepared to get involved in operational areas
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
Indonesia is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets in the world, with a population in excess of 260 million. It’s stable political climate and increasing consumer disposable income has meant that Indonesia is now firmly on the radar for MNCs seeking to invest in emerging markets.
Whilst the Indonesian media landscape is still dominated by terrestrial TV, with 61% of all advertising spend, digital is now poised to go through a period of exponential growth. There are more than 132 million internet users in Indonesia and 93% of them are accessing the web via mobile. As a marketer, the opportunity to transform a media landscape on such a scale is unprecedented in the APAC region.