Manager, Multi-Country Finance (303020-818)
Title: Manager, Multi-Country Finance
Division/Department: Global Finance and Accounting Services Team
Location: Manila, Philippines or Jakarta, Indonesia
Reporting Relationship: Area Finance Lead/Manager
The Finance Manager is responsible for the risk management and to support decision-making processes in the assigned Country Offices, which includes support for strategic planning; management of budget cycle for all source of funding; financial aspects of partnerships; ensure program support cost allocation recovery; business performance; cost analysis; financial reporting and internal controls.
The Finance Manager liaises with GSS Accounting and with assigned Country Offices for all financial management and reporting. The Finance Manager will have a dotted line report with the Country Directors and participate in the SMT as to execute the Finance initiatives and to ensure the COs needs are addressed.
- Provide financial management and reporting support to the assigned Country Office(s).
- Coordinate with the GSS Accounting Team as needed to ensure aligned accounting to support reporting and management needs.
- Provide insight and support for Strategy Planning.
- Financial support for grants management, reporting and audit:
- Support for budget proposals development (Grants, NSP, etc.) according donor’s requirements.
- Support for grants /projects negotiations.
- Ensure Grant Admin and Accounting staff (when exist) is fully trained to perform required accounting and reporting.
- Ensure financial reports and budget variances are delivered to all audiences including project leads and donors.
- Coordinate audit requests.
- Program support allocation management (SPC).
- Ensure performance of budget cycle (all sources including grants).
- Provide Financial reporting (internal and external, different audiences).
- Business and cost analysis performance.
- Local Partners financial oversight and support.
- Ensures financial components and performance indicators are part of the inputs for the sponsorship funding model management.
- Audit findings follow up and closure.
- Support and strength internal control systems.
- Development of tools and manuals to support users.
- Ensure local compliance requirements including IFRS.
- Review Procurement request from CO as per CO’s request and forward to Area Finance Manager for approval as per approval authority threshold.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Other tasks assigned by Area Finance Manager or Supervisor.
- 7+ years’ experience in international finance or financial management; exposure to INGO finance environment preferred
- Demonstration of knowledge of generally accepted international accounting principals, internal controls, auditing, and grants management
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives
- Evidence of critical and analytical thinking; pragmatic problem-solver/able to confront issues & achieve effective resolution
- Ability to train/develop others in financial management & accounting
- Cross-cultural sensitivity & experience
- Effective under pressure, results oriented & proactive
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional integrity
- Computer literate – Word processing, spreadsheets, internet
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese preferred
- Required travel of 30 – 40% in developing nations with limited infrastructure
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or equivalent relevant work experience; post graduate degree preferred; CPA or CMA designation highly preferred
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.