Sr. EHS Specialist, Central Indonesia
The purpose of the role is to oversee a sub-cluster to ensure EHS excellence. Manage risks at the sites and for all off-site business related activities in collaboration with Operations and Business. Ensure full compliance and conformance to applicable EHS related local and federal regulations, Cargill EHS requirements and Customer’s EHS requirements. Educate site management and personnel in Operations, Business and EHS and ensure sufficient allocation of resources to achieve goals. Manage change and continuous improvement as we transition to the future state and continue to evolve to a higher level of EHS maturity.
Conduct EHS activities to directly ensure EHS excellence in smaller sites. Act as a lead or technical expert to resolve site-specific EHS challenges. Identify critical EHS gaps at sites and develop mitigation activities for resolution. Continuously upskill and ensure he/she is equipped with relevant EHS capabilities. Engage business leads and regional domain teams and work closely with site managers to ensure proper EHS coverage is provided for operations & business activities. Work with the Tech, Analytics and Reporting team to provide reporting to EHS Cluster Leads on EHS performance of the sites. Update relevant stakeholders (sub-region, business, domain etc.) on site issues and EHS performance (e.g. incidents, training completion)
The ideal candidate possesses a keen ability to build trust and respect with the leaders in the sub-clusters where they are located, proven strong influencing and change management skills to drive aligned strategy and processes, as well as being a compelling communicator. Knowledge of Cargill, including operations and EHS, is also important to this role.
This position reports to the EHS Cluster Lead. This position will work with EHS, Operations and Business, multiple peers, stakeholders and contractors to achieve Cargill’s goal of ZERO harm.
20% - Strategic Leadership & Execution
- Provide coverage for assigned sites to drive EHS excellence in the operations.
- Manage site EHS personnel in assigned sub-clusters and oversees its EHS activities and performance to provide quality EHS coverage. Conduct EHS activities to directly ensure EHS excellence in smaller sites.
- Work closely with Businesses and Operations to define and review EHS plan against EHS needs, and for EHS escalation, maintenance and resolution.
- Promote a strong EHS culture through recognition programs and “ Just Culture”.
- Coach, mentor and advise site staff to build their capability to improve and sustain EHS excellence.
- Promote Cargill EHS Vision & Policy.
- Ensure workforce involvement/participation in EHS management.
- Implement and promote EHS recognition programs at all applicable levels and functions of the organization.
- Participate in community of best practices to identify programs and share across the organization.
50% - Risk Management & Reporting
- Identify hazards within operations & business activities on ongoing and proactive basis. Assess and prioritize risk from identified hazard, risk and opportunities. Develop action plan for significant EHS risks, hazards and opportunities and identify resources to execute and incorporate into EHS objectives and plans.
- Implement and maintain necessary process(es) that eliminate hazard and reduce risk and ensure compliance with internal and external requirements (e.g. Waste water requirement, confined space entry programs, lockout/tagout requirements). Document that control programs have been implemented as planned.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate approved control processes to reduce EHS risk in contractor and outsourcing services.
- Implementation of controls and processes to reduce EHS risks and hazards in the procurement of materials or goods.
- Act as a lead or technical expert to analyze and resolve sub-cluster-specific EHS gaps/challenges.
- Create an immediate incident or nonconformity notification for all required internal and external personnel. Classify the incident or nonconformity according to risk. Conduct incident investigation based on incident classification. Create and release formal incident communication.
- Execute EHS audits and internal assessments.
- Develop emergency plan to assess and react to EHS emergencies as it relates to operation / business disruptions, recovery and social media. Train workforce at all applicable levels and functions on the EHS emergency response plan. Review effectiveness of the emergency plan and adjust accordingly.
- Establish reporting requirements. Review reports to compare EHS performance against goals. Report to management, regulators and others on a specified frequency as previously determined.
- Identify and establish positive relationship with applicable legal authorities/bodies.
30% - Change Management and Continuous Improvement
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement. Prioritize improvement opportunities based on impact, needs and resource. Follow up on the implementation.
- Creation of corrective action plan based on results of EHS process, including all relevant parties and taking all steps necessary to understand if corrective action is feasible. Analysis of corrective action plan to determine resources, costs and other needs. Implement corrective action plan through the MOC process.
- Communicate changes with transparency and shape the EHS brand vision.
- Conduct risk assessment of the proposed change to determine its effect on reducing EHS risks and hazards. Implement required and validated changes through change management protocols.
- Coordinate with Regional Domain Specialist to update on EHS country regulations and implications.
- Work with Regional Capability teams to ensure comprehensive EHS support for site and non-site operations within the sub-cluster.
- Manage & promote continuous improvement of EHS management system.
- Deliver training program on a defined frequency to all applicable levels and functions of the organization. Review effectiveness of the training plan and adjust accordingly. Document applicable training records in accordance with regulatory and operational requirements.
- Implement records management and record retention processes at applicable levels and functions of the organization.
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma or equivalent preferably in science, engineering or EHS.
- 6+ year experience in operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
- 1+ year experience in developing, deploying and implementing environment or health & safety policies and standards
- Demonstrated acumen at all levels of the organization and an ability to build trust with leaders and establish credibility within the organization to drive change
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience implementing change on a large scale
- Proven experience managing 3rd Party resources to deliver business results
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Capacity to work within a virtual environment
- Ability to work in a high energy, environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
- Proven creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
- Operations experience with demonstrated EHS leadership
- Experience operating in the Country
- EHS management system experience
- Effective communicator with excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Cross-functional understanding and ability to understand the bigger picture
- Ability to coach and to communicate across hierarchical levels
- Strong influencing and change management capability
- Ability to travel up to 70 % of the time
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location Indonesia-JW-Jakarta
Other Locations Indonesia-East Java-Surabaya
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job